CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The little things


Today the small things that I appreciate seems to shine through more than normal. It hit me on the way home after I took all three of you kids to eat dinner. We went up to Henry's or as Kaley and I changed the name to Henry Joe's. It is just a small deli so there isn't much to choose from when it comes to kids food. You both do pretty good about not being too picky, however Keegan you always have a belly ache or you say " Mom, I didn't think it was gonna be this big, when I ordered it" to prevent from eating as much as you should. The worst thing about going up there is keeping Alexander occupied.

Alexander, you have always loved to hear yourself scream. You don't scream because you are mad or sad, but clearly just to see every ones reaction. Your screams are usually occupied by flying arms and waving hands. Your brother and sister think that this is one of your funnier moves. Of course they laugh or scream back at you, and this just encourages you to do it again and again, however you manage to get louder and louder every time. Not only do you get your brother and sisters attention, but usually everyone around looks at you and is probably wondering why you are screaming, but not crying. Then they start smiling and giggling at you which again just gives you the ok to continue. I have to admit, it is funny.....


I was looking down at my shirt earlier today and realized that I had baby Alexander snot all over my shirt. Then I realized that I had been in public with this same snot on my shirt. It looks like I blew my own nose on my shirt!! CRAZY, and then I notice that I had some of Alexanders puff snack in my hair. WOW how things have changed, two years ago I would have never thought that having snot on my shirt and baby snacks in my hair would make me smile. I smile because I realize that for every drop of snot, meant that I held Alexander close to me. And someday he will not want to be as close to mommy. And if I have puffs in my hair that means that Alexander smiled today, because he always smiles when he grabs my hair. So if it takes having snot or sweet potatoes or drool all over my shirt everyday, then I happily take it, because that means that I was given a hug, held a sleeping baby, or comforted a crying child, and that means I have done my job for that day!!! I love my children more than life, I realize more and more everyday how blessed I am for having such wonderful children that make me remember the small things.

0 comments:


Momma and babies

Engagement

Engagement
We are finally ENGAGED

The 3 carat Rock

The 3 carat Rock
My Rock baby